Volume 26 Issue 2What's in this issue...
Volume 26 Issue 2
In This Issue:
- Not Your Average Joe with Joe Rogan
- Caribou Hunt and Goat Hunt
- The recipe for Moose Sukiyaki
- Feature artist Laurel Barbieri and her primitive style paintings
- Conservation Matters with Shane Mahoney about the Conservation Coalition
- Photos from our Spring Convention 2015
- Artist and Story of the Year Winners
Not Your Average Joe
By Guide Outfitter Mike Hawkridge
Morning marked the start of our search for a bull and after a good breakfast we were off. I had a solid spot in mind, as I knew there was a good bull there…there always was. I nosed the pickup off the logging road, we shouldered our packs, and quietly walked down the trail into the swamp.
My Dream was a Goat
By Rick Buchanan
Having already been on one goat hunt in Alaska, I felt more excitement and less nerves this time. I was ready to enjoy the experience instead of worrying about what I would encounter, whether I was physically capable of conquering the terrain, and if I was mentally prepared.
The Cook’s Caribou
By Terry Gerber
It was cold, really cold. I was lying under a spruce tree at four in the morning in the Mackenzie Mountains in Canada’s Northwest Territories. Dawn was about 3 hours away and it was pitch black dark. The temperature was -4 degrees Celsius. No tent. No sleeping bag. The sky was clear. All the stars were out and the moon was a waning, thin, golden sliver.