SHARE YOUR STORY WITH USSubmit your Hunting Adventure Story
STORIES FOR HUNTERS, BY HUNTERS
The Guide Outfitters Association of BC (GOABC) is accepting stories of memorable hunting experiences with GOABC members. These stories may be chosen for publication in the Mountain Hunter™ magazine.
Stories should adhere to the following basic formatting requirements:
- Story selection and editing is the responsibility of the Mountain Hunter™ magazine editors.
- Stories are selected based on overall quality of the adventure and photos.
- There is no minimum or maximum word count for story submissions. The recommended approximate word count range is 2,000 – 3,000 words.
- Stories must feature a GOABC member.
- All submissions chosen for publication require the given consent of the writer and the outfitter featured.
- You can submit your story to firstname.lastname@example.org. Stories can be submitted as a WORD document.
- For photos – our form will allow .png, .jpg, .pdf file types and the file size must be at least 1 MB at 300dpi, larger is preferred.
Tips on How to Write your Hunting Story
- Recognize your guide, hunting destination and sought species in the first few paragraphs of your story.
- A great hunting story not only describes the animals and itinerary, but expresses the significance of the hunt to you. How long had you been dreaming of this hunt? How did you first connect with your outfitter? What was the scenery like? What challenges did you encounter? These details will add to richness and familiarity of your story for your readers.
- Proofread your story for clarity, but do not worry too much about the proper grammar or sentence structure—we will take care of that for you.
- Try to keep the story in past tense and title it creatively. Titles and photos provide the first impression for your readers, and you want to draw them in immediately. Be prepared to supply several high-quality photos (1 MB or larger at 300dpi) with your submission. We are able to provide a Dropbox folder for your convenience.